question

wsadiq avatar image
wsadiq asked Richelle Herrli answered

App not showing in the app market

Hello,

We have just released a new app, a couple of days ago. I wanted to do a limited pilot so I created a release group and added a few merchants to that release group. However, none of the merchants could figure out how to download the app because it would not show anywhere. I then deleted the release group and just published the app. Even after that the merchants were not able to find the app in the app market. Finally I provided them a link with their mid and app id in that link ( like https://www.clover.com/appmarket/m/SWE4CVSX2QZM1/apps/1S3WYJPDQYP7T/ ) hoping that they could open that link but the app still cannot be found.

We have waited 6 months to get this approved. Now that the app is approved, we are eager to get going. There is no phone number for me to call so your timely response will be greatly appreciated.

App Market
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

I don't see that you published the app, the status is still "Approved" in our dashboard.

6 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

wsadiq avatar image wsadiq commented ·

I David,

I did. Below is the screenshot.

1615493170254.png

It was not published when I had it in the release group. But when the release group did not work, I went ahead and published it.

I have 2 questions:

1) How are released groups supposed to work? I had assumed that you can put the approved app in a release group and the merchants who have been added to the release group will be able to download it. That was not the case.

2) Once that did not work, I deleted the release group and just published the app. Does it take some time for the app to show up in the app market after it is published or is it instant?

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
1615493170254.png (12.5 KiB)
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ wsadiq commented ·

You can read about release groups here - https://docs.clover.com/docs/beta-releases-staged-rollouts. You published the APK, not the app. You need to publish the app.

0 Likes 0 ·
wsadiq avatar image wsadiq David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

But it is published. I just sent you the screenshot.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Richelle Herrli avatar image
Richelle Herrli answered

I just searched for your app on Clover App Market and saw this.

screen-shot-2021-03-11-at-23522-pm.png

The app needs to be published in order for merchants to be able to see the App Market page.

10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community