question

pek-4softpos avatar image
pek-4softpos asked David Marginian Deactivated answered

Enable debug in production

We have the company's app that gets orders from POS and accepts payment via Clover remote-pay. We have added a feature to save logcat as file and can manually send to server to report technical issues. In order to save debug info, we have to set debuggable to true when building a release apk.

Is it okay for approval process that our production app is in debuggable mode? The app is not in Clover market, only uses by our customers.

App Market
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered pek-4softpos commented

If you are using Remote Pay, why do you have an app running on the Clover device?

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pek-4softpos avatar image pek-4softpos commented ·

I mean the app (patt from 4softpos) uses Clover Connector interface. I not sure what it's called because I'm not the one who wrote this app. I just added a feature to sending log files to server. This app got approved and has been using for a year.

I would like to know before submitting a new version for approval that enable debug is allowed or not?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered pek-4softpos commented

This app runs remotely (not on a Clover device), correct? If so I don't see any problem with this. I don't see that we would need to be involved in the approval of this change for you remote POS.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community