question

ericr avatar image
ericr asked lindausa0106 answered

Why am I getting 500 internal server error intermittently when getting cash events through the API?

I been recently receiving a "500 internal server error" message when retrieving cash event data using the API in production. It is intermittent, but it's enough that it stops my process because of the error. I'm only retrieving maybe a dozen records for a given day, certainly well below the 1000 threshold. Has something happened recently to cause this? My code has been running for almost 2 years without a hitch.

REST API
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

Can you provide your app id so that I can look into this? When did this start happening?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ericr avatar image
ericr answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

This started happening only last week, Tuesday evening around 10pm PST. I'm using the URL to get the data. I can email it to you as it contains the merchant id and token.

1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Can you give me the merchant id please, submit a private comment with just the merchant id, I don't need the token?, Is this an app that is available to multiple merchants? If so, and you are using a merchant token this is a violation of our terms.

0 Likes 0 ·
ericr avatar image
ericr answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

sorry, I'm new to using this blog. How do I send a private comment? To answer your question, no this is not available to multiple merchants.

2 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Underneath the Submit button there is a drop down where you can select the visibility.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

I am seeing some elevated errors for that endpoint in general. I will investigate and get back to you. Thank you for notifying us.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

Thank you for reporting this. We found some query inefficiencies that were recently introduced. We are making a fix which will be available in our upcoming server deployment which is currently scheduled to be deployed in early February (this may change).

10 |2000

lindausa0106 avatar image
lindausa0106 answered bryanvargas edited

I think that if you receive so many internal errors at the same time, there is a high chance that the system is failing and you cannot withdraw funds in these events through the API.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community