question

bryangerr avatar image
bryangerr asked David Marginian Deactivated edited

REST API PHP clover flex

Hi there,

With our clover flex devices we want to automaticly send the reciepts to a special e-mailadres with some additional data. We want to use the REST API to establish the connection en get the reciept.

Is this possible to do with only php or do we need to build an android app as second layer?

Thanks!

REST APIClover Flex
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

Sorry, your original question isn't very clear you said "we want to establish the connection" which to me implies a connection to the device.

The REST API can be used to send a notification to a Clover device, you would need an app running on the device to receive that noficication and take action on it. Whether or not what you are trying to do is possible on the device (or if that is the best approach), I am not quite sure, as I am not clear on your use case.

Our REST API can also be used to obtain the order and payment data from which you can build something like a receipt. Clover already has web/email receipts so I am not sure how much value this would provide.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bryangerr avatar image bryangerr commented ·

Allriight. So it is possible to connect to the API with php and get that data from the clover dashboard so I do things? Or do we need to make an app and install that on de device itself?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ bryangerr commented ·

You don't "get that data from the clover dashboard", you use the API to retrieve the data. Please start by reading our docs:

https://docs.clover.com/docs/clover-development-basics-web-app

If you are making this available to multiple merchants you will need a web app (not installed on the device) and it will need to go through our approval process and get published into the app market. This process takes around 9 weeks (and is some cases longer). More on the approval process here - https://docs.clover.com/docs/developer-app-approval.

0 Likes 0 ·
bryangerr avatar image
bryangerr answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

Mm allright. So it isn't possible to connect with an API to the clover dashboard and get some data there?

What we want to do after an transaction is the following:

After we set the payment reference, the client pays the product with the clover flex. The reciept must be send to our costumerservice platform so they have al the information about the order for issues that may encounter. I know this is possible with an extra app that recieves that notification and act on it. But it is easier to get the data from the dashboard because all the transaction end up there..

1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Please read my original answer which has been updated.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community