question

squiredev avatar image
squiredev asked squiredev commented

Do I need to manually check for subscription at runtime?

My app requires users to have a valid subscription. Do I need to check manually using the AppsConnector? Or will clover automatically stop the app from loading if there is no valid subscription?

Clover Android SDK
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered squiredev commented

You would need to verify the billing status of the merchant and disable your app features, etc. We will not prevent the app from opening, etc. I don't have a lot of experience with the AppsConnector, you should be able to use that or use the following endpoint https://docs.clover.com/reference#appsgetmerchantbillinginfo-2 and check the status returned, per the docs:

Returns ACTIVE for an active Clover merchant when the merchant's bank account is in good standing. Returns INACTIVE if the merchant was offboarded. Returns LAPSED if the merchant failed to pay Clover for app usage. Returns SUPPRESSED if this merchant will not be billed for reasons such as it's a demo merchant account, test merchant account, or that the merchant’s country is a pilot.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

squiredev avatar image squiredev commented ·

Thanks David that work great. I'll leave the Android snippet here that I used in case anyone else needs it:

1. if(mAppsConnector != null){
  2. if(mAppsConnector.getAppBillingInfo().getStatus().equals(MerchantBillingStatus.ACTIVE)){
  3. return true;
  4. }
  5. return false;
  6. }
1 Like 1 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community