question

yerke avatar image
yerke asked yerke commented

Order id in ACTION_SECURE_PAY

I have taken a look at PayWithSecurePaymentExample. When adding extras for ACTIONSECUREPAY intent, it says "If no order id were passed to EXTRAORDERID a new empty order would be generated for the payment". But if I don't provide order id, successful payment object in onActivityResult has null OrderId (payment.getOrder().getId()).

Is it intentional or is it a bug? If there a way to get an order id? I can see that all transactions have order ids in Orders app.

Thanks.

Intents
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered yerke commented

That's a bug. I've create an internal issue to get it resolved, but in the mean time you'll need to work around it.

You'll either need to

1. Fetch the payment from the server after making the payment. It should then include the order ID.
  2. Create the order yourself prior to calling ACTION_SECURE_PAY and pass that order ID.
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

yerke avatar image yerke commented ·

Thank you. Do you have any estimate how long it might take to fix this bug? Also can you point me in the right direction how to fetch the payment from the server after making the payment?

0 Likes 0 ·
yerke avatar image yerke commented ·

Ignore this comment. I had some trouble getting UUID from Intent.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

No, I don't have an ETA for a fix. There's not a good way to look up a payment without an order ID using the Clover Android SDK. You can however use the REST APIs: https://www.clover.com/api_docs#!/pay...

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community