question

globaliwebsite avatar image
globaliwebsite asked David Marginian Deactivated edited

customer name not display on live clover dashboard

hello,

i created order on live mode thru clover api i created customer through customer end point and pass UUID to order but customer name is not showing in clover dashboard

order number is in private commetn please advice me what is the problem

Orders
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

This looks like it may be a bug on our end. I have created an issue to have it investigated.

Update:

This issue has been fixed BUT the we are in a code freeze and the fix won't roll out until the beginning of next year.

New work-around (tested, and it works)

Unfortunately, the work-around I initially proposed doesn't work. There are two available options.

1) After you pay for the order, update the order via /v3/merchants/{ {mid}}/orders/{ {orderId}}"

{
  "customers": [{
      "id": "{customerId}",
      "firstName": "{customerFirstName}",
      "lastName": "{customerLastName}"
  }]
}

If you do this, please keep the code that you have that adds the customer reference when you create the order. The update approach may not work in the future (if we start locking orders after they have been paid for). The create order approach will work once we fix the issue on our end.

2) Use a card on file - https://docs.clover.com/docs/ecommerce-saving-card. This may not be ideal because not all customers will want their card on file.

Old work-around (doesn't work)

It looks like in addition to passing in the customer when you create the order, you also need to pass it in when you pay for the order. Otherwise, it appears the server is creating a brand new/empty customer for the order and overwriting the customer you set when you created the order.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community