question

brokenoval avatar image
brokenoval asked Jeffrey Blattman commented

Does Default Employee work Everywhere?

A previous question stated that when applying a payment to an order, on Production it defaults to use the "owner" empployee and on Sandbox it uses "DFLTEMPLOYEE".

https://community.clover.com/questions/2735/remote-cloud-pay-which-employee-is-set-as-default.html

My problem is that if defaulting to the Owner on production it risks adding the owner name, phone number etc to the receipt.

I am considering using DFLTEMPLOYEE when it's not possible to access an employee for an order. Does this default work in the following sceanarios:

- Does this default work for all types of merchant plans (payments plus, register and reg lite)?

- Does this work on all environments (sandbox, prod and prod.eu)?

Thanks!

OrdersPaymentsEmployees
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·
My problem is that if defaulting to the Owner on production it risks adding the owner name, phone number etc to the receipt.

We don't ever add employee phone number to a receipt. Name is added. I agree it feels like there are cases where that's not desirable, but that's how it works today.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Jacob Abrams avatar image
Jacob Abrams answered brokenoval commented

The default employee is not available if the owner/admin disables it. They choose during setup whether to enable it and may chose to enable/disable it at any time by going to the Employees app > Settings. So you cannot assume that the employee with id DFLTEMPLOYEE will always be there.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brokenoval avatar image brokenoval commented ·

Thanks Jacob. At the moment if I pass a gibberish employee.id when applying a payment to an order it will default back to the Owner Id. If the DEFLTEMPLOYEE is disabled, and I pass it up anyway, will it revert back to the Owner Id as default? Is this behaviour intentional or is it likely to be removed?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community