question

vhernandez avatar image
vhernandez asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

trigger network pay display from an app

Hello, I have a service that starts when the device boots, the service set up the connection with the clover pay display network, I'm trying to connect with the pay display network after boot, I tested my service and it starts always, however, the network pay display does not, is there any way to do it?. I was looking at the logs and maybe there is a way to starts the network pay display from my app, Can you help me, please?

Note: This is the app I would like to start from my app, but (I would like to trigger the start button from my app), is i possible?

1604017325577.png

Clover Flexsecure network pay displayRemote Pay Android
1604017325577.png (115.3 KiB)
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered vhernandez commented

What your service does and why you are trying to do this is a bit unclear to me. I believe SNPD automatically starts if it was last running when the device was shutdown.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

vhernandez avatar image vhernandez commented ·

My service connects with the SNPD but the SNPD no always starts, so when the device wakes up, my service tries to open a connection with the SNPD, however, it not happens always, so that's why I would like to call the SNPD maybe there is an activity or a broadcast.

0 Likes 0 ·
vhernandez avatar image
vhernandez answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Because we don't want the user access anything else in the device, we want when the device wakes up, it raises the app, we won't even give the user th pass code.

1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Once setup, Secure Network Pay Display automatically runs if it was the last running app when the device was shutdown. We don't have a public interface to do what you would like.

0 Likes 0 ·
vhernandez avatar image
vhernandez answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

My service connects with the SNPD but the SNPD no always starts, so when the device wakes up, my service tries to open a connection with the SNPD, however, it not happens always, so that's why I would like to call the SNPD maybe there is an activity or a broadcast.

1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

SNPD will always start if it was the last running app. The only time this doesn't happen is when it is initially opened and needs to be configured. Can you please describe what use case you are trying to solve? If SNPD is running on the device it is meant to be customer facing. It sound like your merchants are using it for other things as well. Is that the problem? As I previously stated there is not a public interface to do this.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community