question

vhernandez avatar image
vhernandez asked vhernandez commented

How to debug on clover flex?

Hello, I tried to use my phone USB cable to debug an app on the clover flex, however, the android studio does not recognize the device, I saw the same question on another post,

https://community.clover.com/questions/14269/clover-flex-debug-app.html

I have a clover mini, I use a screwdriver to take hub and test it on the clover flex as the clover mini, it does not work either, how can I debug on the flex?

Clover Android SDKClover Flex
6 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

carwashreports avatar image carwashreports commented ·

Hi @, I recently ordered a Clover FLEX 2 LTE Developer Kit but it came without the HUB. I am looking to build a custom Android app to run on the FLEX, I will need the USB connection for ADB. Is it possible I was sent the wrong Starter Kit?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ carwashreports commented ·

Hmmm, I think Jeff is probably correct below, you probably should have received a hub. But, have you tried wifi? I think our Station 1 came with adb over wifi enabled by default and maybe it will work - https://docs.clover.com/docs/setting-up-your-devkit.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

You can't use wifi without setting it up via USB adb first. Station 1 was an exception to that where we enabled it out of the box.

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered vhernandez commented

Your Flex devkit should have been shipped with a "micro" hub. Did you receive that?

You can't use a standard USB-C cable, nor can you use a Mini hub.

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

vhernandez avatar image vhernandez commented ·

Thanks for your comment, I don't have it, is there any other way to set it up for debug?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ vhernandez commented ·

There is not. To use wireless debugging you have to have USB debugging first to enable it (that's true for all Android devices). Is this a devkit? If so it should have come with the hub. If it didn't let me know.

0 Likes 0 ·
vhernandez avatar image vhernandez Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Hello, I just got the hub, I'm still not able to see my device on the android studio, I set my device up for debug (developer options), btw the hub I got is from another flex device, can it be the issue?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

Please contact devkit@clover.com, provide your shopify order number and explain the situation. They should be able to send you a hub.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community