question

aliasapps avatar image
aliasapps asked David Marginian Deactivated answered

Device has malfunctioned

I am developing an app using the Clover Flex developer kit. Specifically using the Payment Connector following the tutorial at:

https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/docs/take-a-payment-with-payment-connector

The first time I ran my app, initialized the payment connector and start the sale... the device tried to install an app, afterwhich a screen flashed and then I was returned back to my activity without a callback.

I cannot reproduce this anymore. Whenever I initialize the Payment Connector and start the sale now, nothing happens in the app and I can see the following logs in the logcat:

D/: onServiceConnected com.clover.connector.sdk.v3.PaymentV3Connector@16d7ee89
D/: appTracking = {"applicationID":"XXX","applicationVersion":"1.0","sourceSDK":"com.clover.connector.sdk.v3.PaymentConnector","sourceSDKVersion":"3.0.0"}
    before sendAppTracking call 
D/: after sendAppTracking call 

I am not sure, but I believe this may have to do with the device malfunctioning? I see the following notification in the notification tray:

Device has malfunctioned
Your device has malfunctioned. Card payments have been disabled, and we are sending you a replacement. Tap for more information.

This is a developer kit device.

When I go to the Sale app that ships with the device, I see a similar message:

Transaction failed: Device tampered, return to manufacturer

Can anybody confirm or provide some more insight into why my Payment Connector is not initializing and starting the Sale? Does this have to do with the malfunctioning device?

Clover Android SDKclover developer communityClover FlexPaymentConnector
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

Yes, it likely has to do with the tampered device. You can read more about tampering here - https://www.clover.com/help/tampered-devices/?device=6terz4VF8QU8oau6qA0Cc. You should contact devkit@clover.com to see if they can help.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community