question

karthik avatar image
karthik asked jellis commented

Increasing the apk size limit

I was trying to reach out to dev@clover.com. As there is no reply, posting it here.

We are planning to release a feature update to our application by integrating with an SDK which implements inbuilt processing algorithms enabling the app to work in offline mode.

Due to this SDK, the app size has been increased to ~160MB. We see that clover has a limit of app upload size of 50MB.

Is there a way to increase the app size limit?

App Market
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Make sure you give this a read:

https://developer.android.com/topic/performance/reduce-apk-size

Specifically, make sure you are using minify in your build parameters. Usually APKs get large from assets. 160MB of code (that's actually being used) is a little unusual.

0 Likes 0 ·
karthik avatar image karthik Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for the reply Jeffrey, Yes we did all the required enhancements already.

The ability of the SDK to provide complex biometric features in offline mode has lead to the increase in apk size. Hence we don't have an option but to ask for an increase in the app size limit. Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered jellis commented

I found your email thread and made a comment so hopefully this can get some attention. We will need to continue to work it there though and not on this forum.

4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

karthik avatar image karthik commented ·

Hello David - Thanks for the reply.

Can you please help with this?

We haven't got any reply so far on that email

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ karthik commented ·

Unfortunately, this is a special request that needs to be handled individually by another team. I expect that is why it is taking so long. I can take a look at your email request and see if I can get an update.

0 Likes 0 ·
karthik avatar image karthik David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks David, we will be awaiting for your reply.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community