question

kylem avatar image
kylem asked David Marginian Deactivated edited

Invoicing API

We're looking to build onto our existing app and have the merchant send an invoice to customers via email to allow other avenues of income. Is there anywhere to get the basic information for us to build off on this?

clover developer community
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

It is difficult for us to answer your question when you haven't specified what type of information you are trying to obtain. You can take a look at our REST API for an idea of what will be available to you - https://docs.clover.com/reference/api-reference-overview.

0 Likes 0 ·
kylem avatar image kylem David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

David - Unfortunately I'm not too familiar with this and trying to obtain information for my developers and see if this is possible before having them work on it.

What we are looking to provide is an option in our app for merchants to send an invoice to customers via email. This would have a fixed price amount for customer with either items/inventory from the Clover Inventory App or filled out item, such as typed in "Services/Products". The customer would open this invoice/link and submit card information to send back to the merchants Clover to submit the payment.

I hope this helps!

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ kylem commented ·

You send an email invoice to the customer and you want to allow the customer to pay for that invoice. In this case you would want to use our Ecommerce APIs which are card not present (you wouldn't send the card data to a Clover device, that is not how things work). Via our ECommerce API you could create and pay for a Clover order - https://docs.clover.com/docs/ecommerce-api-tutorials.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community