question

darran avatar image
darran asked Jeffrey Blattman commented

Check App Permissions Using API

Is there a way to check if an app has a certain permission through the api? Or just to run the call and if it returns unauthorized then we don't have it.

Clover Android SDK
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered Jeffrey Blattman commented

To my knowledge, we do not have a publicly available endpoint to do that. Can you explain the use case?

5 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

darran avatar image darran commented ·

I would like to validate that the user has successfully granted the permissions for the app prior to trying to use the SDK that relies on those permissions.

0 Likes 0 ·
darran avatar image darran commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ darran commented ·

Not certain, there isn't a publicly available REST API, but there may be a method on the device. Is this an on device app? If a merchant has your app installed they have accepted all of the permissions. I assume you are trying to cover the case when you add new permissions after the app has been installed?

0 Likes 0 ·
darran avatar image darran David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Are you saying the merchant has to accept ALL permissions before the APK will be installed by the clover app store?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community