question

resicons avatar image
resicons asked Jeffrey Blattman commented

How to autofill $0.00 tips when processing payment?

In Setup app, Tips -> Tip entry location has value "On printed receipt". After process the payment using credit card, the tip always has "unentered" state. How can I programmatically set tip to 0 instead of unentered state by using clover SDK?

What I want is exactly the same as the "Autofill $0.00 tips" function in Tips app, but do it programmatically.

Any help would be appreciated.

Clover Android SDK
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered Jeffrey Blattman commented

What intent are you firing to take the payment? If you are using ACTION_SECURE_PAY (https://clover.github.io/clover-android-sdk/com/clover/sdk/v1/Intents.html#ACTION_SECURE_PAY) have you tried passing EXTRA_TIP_AMOUNT?

4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

resicons avatar image resicons commented ·

Thanks for your prompt reply! I currently use ACTION_CLOVER_PAY intent to take payment process, and it does not have EXTRA_TIP_AMOUNT as parameter. So what's different between these two intents? Should I change to ACTION_SECURE_PAY? What devices are not supported by ACTION_SECURE_PAY? My app will support Clover Mini, Clover Station (all versions), and Clover Flex

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ resicons commented ·

Jacob has an answer describing the differences between the two - https://community.clover.com/questions/22152/action-clover-pay-vs-action-secure-pay.html. I don't know as much about ACTION_CLOVER_PAY, Jacob/Jeff may be able to answer your question.

1 Like 1 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

ACTION_SECURE_PAY is for initiating a card payment (only). ACTION_CLOVER_PAY is for initiating a general payment using any tender. In general you want to use ACTION_CLOVER_PAY to give the merchant the full range of tender of options to complete the payment.

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community