question

plt12345 avatar image
plt12345 asked tursus-software answered

Automated collection of Clover orders data

I have a client who wants to automate the collection of his daily orders data straight into a Microsoft Access database for bespoke reporting and integration with other data. He can do this manually by logging into Clover, exporting the data to Excel (csv) and then importing it into Access. I can automate the import from csv to Access, but it is possible to automate the download using, say, the Windows SDK? If it is, can anyone provide a rough outline of what is involved? Thank you

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered

You can use the Clover REST API to download merchant order data, https://www.clover.com/api_docs#!/orders

No, this is not a function of the Windows SDK.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tursus-software avatar image
tursus-software answered

You would have him generate a one time API token that gives read access to orders. Then in whatever language you prefer you can hit the Clover API via REST and get all the records.

You wouldn't need to to use CSV at all - you could just write directly to the access database.

We've thought about creating a 3rd party app that could help this situation - I'd love to connect to see if it might solve your problem. Feel free to direct message on this forum or email admin @ tursus.com

10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community