question

nofir avatar image
nofir asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Creating Orders

Hi,

We are looking into add Clover integration for our partner restaurants which use Clover POS.

Today, we accept payments from customers through our app into our own account and we distribute funds to our partner restaurants separately. The idea we would use the Clover integration to sync catalogs, and push orders directly to the partner's Clover POS.

Looking at your documentation, we were thinking to do the following:

1. Once a restaurant have authorized our app, we would create a dedicated tender on their behalf.

2. Once an order came in, we would push it to their POS using the create order api and then use the attach payment api (with the tender we created) to the order in order to mark the order as "PAID".

My questions:

1. Given that our partner restaurants are not accepting payments for the orders we push them, is the follow described above is needed? and are there best practices to accomodate to our specific setup.

2. Can a restaurant mark an order as "completed"? I saw there is a "state" field but according to your documentation it shouldn't be used to make any logical decisions

Thank you,

Ofir

REST API
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented
Today, we accept payments from customers through our app into our own account and we distribute funds to our partner restaurants separately.

This does not seem like something that is in accordance with our app market rules/regulations. You need to contact appmarketbusiness@clover.com and set-up a discussion with our team to discuss your application plans.

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

nofir avatar image nofir commented ·

Will do. Thank you for the quick response

0 Likes 0 ·
nofir avatar image nofir commented ·

Just to confirm, we accept payments from customers (food order) on our "online ordering" app (not the Clover App Market app). Taking the demo video as an example, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtPK42eKmhE&feature=youtu.be) , you are saying that the payment for the goods (e.g. Coffee) has to go through Clover?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ nofir commented ·

In the link you included Maricris is using our Ecomm API to pay for the order (https://docs.clover.com/docs/ecommerce-api-tutorials). As I said, I am a developer, and not an expert in this area by any means, so please, email appmarketbusiness@clover.com to discuss your app.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community