question

adamelmarakby avatar image
adamelmarakby asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Developer Account Needed for Building Apps?

I am using a clover device at a shop with ShopKeep, and am looking to use a new POS software. In order to build an HTML/JS and/or iOS app that interacts with clover is it necessary to have a devkit? I understand without it I will test in a live environment and other merchants cannot access my app.

clover developer community
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Are you a merchant that wants to try building your own POS?

The content of your question and the subject don't seem to be consistent.

1) Subject - Developer Account needed for building apps?

Yes, a developer account is required to build apps.

2) Content - Is it necessary to have a devkit?

No, it is not necessary to have a devkit. However, without a devkit you can't test payment flows and if you are trying to build a POS it is critical that you test payment flows.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

adamelmarakby avatar image adamelmarakby commented ·

Yes I'm a merchant seeking to build my own POS. So, a developer account needed to interact with Clover but not devkit? I figure I will test real transactions and refund as needed without a devkit...

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ adamelmarakby commented ·
So, a developer account needed to interact with Clover

Yes

but not devkit

Not sure what this means. You also need a developer account for a devkit.

I am a Clover developer and not an expert in app requirements, etc. Especially, in this case when a merchant wants to build their own app. You should send an email to semi-integrations@clover.com and explain to them that you are a merchant and would like to build your own app and ask them if you will be restricted to the same policies that third parties are, etc.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community