question

ryanram avatar image
ryanram asked David Marginian Deactivated edited

AcceptPayment Usage example

for the most part SaleRequest does the job, but I found that I haven't seen any good documentation for using, either in documentation page or the GITHUB repositories about paymentConnector.acceptPayment(..)

can anyone please provide a sample snippet for usage on this?
I tried using it and tried to supply as much data but I'm getting the error, acceptSignature is not implemented, even tho I populate that as well.

(which by the way, I tried searching here as well and found no relevant hits)

also, is it possible to process an order without going through the any of the clover screens (aside from the card vaulting screen and others thats similar), and just complete the process just using the android clover sdk? we have our own user facing register that's on development.

cheers

Clover Android SDKPaymentConnector
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

acceptPayment is for working with challenges. Here is documentation from the CloverConnector (similar concept for PaymentConnector) - https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/docs/working-with-challenges.

also, is it possible to process an order without going through the any of the clover screens (aside from the card vaulting screen and others thats similar)

You should probably provide some detail on what you mean by Clover screens. You cannot by-pass screens that are in the secure payments app. You can suppress parts of the flow after (receipt options, etc.). https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/docs/using-per-transaction-settings. Once again this is for Clover Connector but many of the options are available in Payment Connector as well.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ryanram avatar image ryanram commented ·

thanks for the guide David, as for the follow up query. what we have is an existing payment system outside of clover, we have own own payments already in place.

for example in our own system, the order has already been payed. so we would just like to tell the clover side in our integration that a payment has already been received and set the orders status as payed/processed. let me know if I need to elaborate more..

as for what clover screen, for example we have received a cash payment on our system. we wanted to change that clover's order to process/paid. but currently we have to launch the clovers payment app via intent just to process it in clovers end. we wanted to skip that screen entirely and perhaps just send it via the clovers payment connector.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ ryanram commented ·

It is not clear to me why you even need to integrate with us. It seems like your question is "is it possible to set a Clover order to a paid status because it was paid external to Clover?" If this was possible I am not even sure it would be allowed (not a violation of our terms in some way). If you only need to do this for cash payments this post may be helpful. You may want to contact appmarketbusiness@clover.com to discuss your app.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community