question

superdave avatar image
superdave asked Jeffrey Blattman answered

localhost in PROD app

HI support,

can a PROD app used https://localhost/ as the URL ?

Thanks,

e-commerce api
4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

This seems to be an odd request. I mean, how are your users going to get through the OAuth flow? Is every merchant going to have a "server" running on their local machine?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

A web app? Do you expect that the merchant will have a server running on the same host from where they run their browser?

Without knowing anything else I'd think there'd be security concerns as the browser won't be able to verify the identity of the local server.

0 Likes 0 ·
superdave avatar image superdave commented ·

It's designed to run locally, and of course, it's wired with limited internet access.

Security from our end won't be an issue.

The only unknown is can we set localhost as part of the PROD app. Will API endpoints work the same as in a domain.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ superdave commented ·

Still not clear to me how to ensure the thing you are talking to is your server. What would stop malware from listening on the same port you expect?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered

So it seems it supported. Please contact appmarketbusiness@clover.com to understand if this is something that would be allowed in production.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community