question

tyson avatar image
tyson asked tyson commented

Is there an app or functionality to sell online tickets?

We are looking into the Clover station and have 8 different locations. Would it be possible to sell online tickets, offer rain checks, and sell tickets good for future uses? These tickets would be good an any of the 8 locations only 1 time.

Also, is there a way to have barcoded free tickets, coupons, Groupon that would be able to be used a single time at any of the locations?

Thank you.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered tyson commented

A lot of it depends on the specifics of how you plan to implement all of this. Yes, you can sell online tickets as long as the payment goes through Clover. As far as the the next questions on how the tickets are used ... that's not up to Clover, it's up to the thing that's consuming the tickets. Maybe that's an app you write for Clover, or some other system, I don't know. It's certainly possible.

As for the second part, Clover has the concept of custom tenders which allows the merchant to accept payment with other non-standard mechanisms like coupons. It also have the concept of discounts that can be applied to an order. We don't have native Groupon support.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tyson avatar image tyson commented ·

Thank you for the response. I should probably clarify my questions:

1. Is it possible to sell an online single use ticket that is good at both Store A and Store B? Then when it is redeemed at Store A, it is no longer available to be used at Store A or Store B.

2. Is it possible to sell a single use ticket from the Clover station at Store A that can be used at either Store A or B?

3. I'm thinking that it would be similar to the way a gift card might work.

We are set up with a FirstDate group corporate merchant id but each location has a separate merchant id.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

re #1: Yes, in the sense that it's all software and you just have to write it. It'd be up to your app to accept the coupon via a custom tender like I said and manage the validity of the coupon from your servers. re: #2, yes, see #1. Your app would need to manage the process of purchasing the coupon and making it available to the customer). re #3, yes.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community