question

peterkingswell avatar image
peterkingswell asked peterkingswell commented

how to tell if your app has been re-installed?

Hi,

please see: http://jsoneditoronline.org/?id=df22b....

This is the result of GETting /merchants/merchantId/billinginfo after the merchant added our test app. If the merchant deletes this app and adds it again (i.e. reinstalls it) and I GET /merchants/merchantId/billinginfo again, the exact same response is returned.

Excluding webhooks, how can we tell that our app was re-installed? Thanks, Peter

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered peterkingswell commented

Your app can track that itself. Set a preference when your app runs. If you ever see it not set, you know you've been re-installed.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

peterkingswell avatar image peterkingswell commented ·

Our app is a web app which interacts with Clover via the OAuth API in response to user actions such as adding our app, deleting it and so on. In this context, what do you mean by "when your app runs"? Where/what is the preference you mention?

Thanks, Pete

0 Likes 0 ·
peterkingswell avatar image
peterkingswell answered

Hi Jeff, ICYMI both our comments are mysteriously gone... Anyway, this is what you said:

Your app can track that itself. Set a preference when your app runs. If you ever see it not set, you know you've been re-installed.

Are you proposing I POST to /v3/merchants/{mId}/properties and set marketingPreferenceText to something unique that we recognise? I very much doubt it since that would be a horrific hack but if you could elucidate further I'd be most appreciative.

10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community