question

andrewd avatar image
andrewd asked quick18dev commented

Can't install from the App Market on Genymotion

I can see the App Market place on an emulated version of Clover, and all of the apps (including the one that I am developing). However, none of the apps have an install button so it would seem that I can't install any of them.

Does anyone know how to get install buttons, or how to install Marketplace Apps on my emulated version of Clover (targeted at Sandbox)?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Mike M avatar image
Mike M answered quick18dev commented

Sure thing! That behavior, unfortunately, is a side effect of using an emulator since its device type ends up resolving to UNKNOWN. A workaround is to try navigating to your App Market web app on your Merchant Dashboard and installing apps via there. This is also the method you would go about installing a web app.

If your app on your Developer Dashboard has an App Market Preview button, that will also work in quickly navigating to an install button. If that link is not showing up, then your app is not properly set up to be installed by your test merchant. In that case, it generally means a country subscription needs to be added to your app's properties.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

quick18dev avatar image quick18dev commented ·

Not sure that this is a valid workaround. We are installing our apps on the Clover Dev Kit devices in the sandbox environment just fine but the genymotion simulator does not download the app. If you go to the app store on the SIM it says "Installed" for the app but it is not installed and there is no "Download" link. I suspect the simulator doesn't pull it down because of the device type discrepancy still. Am I missing something?

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community