question

kiml avatar image
kiml asked Jeffrey Blattman commented

Order Note on Receipts (email vs printed)

Emailed Receipts contain the Order Note, Printed Receipts do not.

- Merchant has the Setup->Payment Receipts->Order Note option set.
- Android App calls OrderConnector.setNote(), OrderConnector.updateOrder().
- Works fine on Emailed Receipts, Printed Receipt doesn't even resemble the Emailed Receipt.

Perhaps FooterText would work better?

Clover Flex
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

darrank avatar image darrank commented ·

Did you find a resolution to your issue? Working on a similar problem!

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ darrank commented ·

Our product team decided they won't fix this. Regardless I don't think the fix would have been what you want. The issue stems from the merchant's plan. Certain plans do not expose orders so if the merchant is on that plan they shouldn't see anything related to orders (including notes).

The "bug" was that there was an inconsistency where non-order plans were seeing the order note in some cases. The fix would have been to fix the inconsistency.

You can choose the plans to which your app is available in your developer dashboard. If you require the order note make sure the merchant is on an order-supporting plan so they can print receipts from the orders app.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered kiml commented

I tested, and the note did appear on the receipt when I added it through our Register app.... under the order # / order type.

It's not clear to me what flow you are using. Are you creating the order yourself? Are you creating the print job yourself?

It was never a goal to for web and paper receipts to look identical, but they should contain the same information.

9 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kiml avatar image kiml commented ·

This is all Android code for the Flex.
The Order is created by Clover. We use a BroadcastReceiver to get notified of

ACTION_ORDER_CREATED and grab the OrderID, once notified of ACTION_PAYMENT_PROCESSED, we call OrderConnector.getOrder(), Order.setNote(), and finally Order.updateOrder().

This all works fine on Web / Email receipts. Paper just skips the whole Order Note.
0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ kiml commented ·

If you subsequently go into the Orders app, find the order, and print a receipt does the note show up?

0 Likes 0 ·
kiml avatar image kiml Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

I can't find an Orders app. There's a Transactions app, it has Receipts.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community