question

saiavanigadda avatar image
saiavanigadda asked kratosrules99 edited

How to know if the card used is a PREPAID card or not (DEBIT/CREDIT) ?

Hello,

It would be great if someone tell how to know if a card swiped or used is a PREPAID card. We are able to identify other cards like VISA, MASTERCARD.... Now sure what happens for PREPAID card.

Clover Android SDKclover developer communityPaymentConnector
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bryanvargas avatar image bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·
I tested this and couldn't see a distinction of a prepaid card. I do know that most prepaid cards are branded and will process like any other credit/debit card (depending on how it is set up) Is there a reason why you want to distinguish prepaid cards?

0 Likes 0 ·
saiavanigadda avatar image saiavanigadda bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·
We are collecting payments through our app and adding the payment to the order. For PREPAID cards, we have to void them as our app is not supported for them.
0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
kratosrules99 avatar image
kratosrules99 answered kratosrules99 edited

I have never heard about a freaking prepaid card, which bank issues it? and which country? SoftLumia

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

saiavanigadda avatar image saiavanigadda commented ·
Canada and US
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community