question

swinford avatar image
swinford asked Jacob Abrams edited

Create Payment - DECLINED: No reason provided.

I am a developer working with a client to integrate our software with the Clover payment processor.

Using the Clover Developer Pay API, I am receiving a response of {"paymentId":"<payment_id>","result":"DECLINED","failureMessage":"DECLINED: No reason provided.”}.

Here is an example of the request I am attempting.

Thanks in advance.

=====

URL:

https://api.clover.com/v2/merchant/<merchant_id>/pay

Headers:

Authorization:Bearer <api token>

Content-Type:application/json

Request:

{ "orderId": "<order_id>", "taxAmount": 0, "zip": "<X>", "expMonth": <X>, "cvv": "<X>", "amount": 500, "currency": "usd", "last4": "<X>", "expYear": <X>, "first6": "601136", "cardEncrypted": "GgPMOi0kUmxRXF5WYI+rZJCaDTJamAoB8Nd0rDyG9hekyhPBA2z417Iye37KpWrisRTV/VCI7hZRdzq1VyhAcld8wDrOHcEIgseKTtTMlR3+/koQIPSNjK+jSrwoS4YV2BQ/zeWDeXA2lcWqpUp07ly05Hc4eXv7bsIxTLucILudpvpAMfltrTK92nuPC2cOtvoKjk9dmWaQKtjVIZ70NIUYCQgEbN9zKcGUEJooTCOzULsRE5jk/e/QG7DmypNjOJMurXWEXqkNdY15b8Gx8BvvzI1RwymbCBSDqvcICYyzfPbcdzq2e/CcCt0KNOfKJe6ET9UnQOhHGMEjy4QWaQ==" }

Response:

{"paymentId":"<payment_id>","result":"DECLINED","failureMessage":"DECLINED: No reason provided."}

PaymentsDeveloper Pay API
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Are you using a test card? Did you intend to be hitting production? A test card will not work in production. You should perform your testing on sandbox.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jacob Abrams avatar image Jacob Abrams ♦♦ commented ·

Also, please do not share a real CVV or zip code on this forum as that is sensitive information. I have X'd them out just in case they are real. I would also recommend against sharing last 4 and expiration dates as well although they are slightly less sensitive.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community