question

frankiboy avatar image
frankiboy asked frankiboy answered

Using securePayment to process loyalty/gift cards

I am currently developing an app to process loyalty/gift card on a Flex device in stand-alone mode. I've successfully implemented the usage of the bar-code scanner and the printer. But i don't understand how to use the securePayment activity response to get the swiped card information.

Here is my code calling the activity:

final Intent intent = new Intent(Intents.ACTION_SECURE_CARD_DATA );
 intent.putExtra(Intents.EXTRA_CARD_ENTRY_METHODS, Intents.CARD_ENTRY_METHOD_MAG_STRIPE);
 intent.putExtra(Intents.EXTRA_TRANSACTION_TYPE, Intents.TRANSACTION_TYPE_CARD_DATA);
 startActivityForResult(intent, CARD_DATA_REQUEST_CODE);

And in my onActivityResult i try to access the swiped data in the following way:

data.getStringExtra(EXTRA_CARD_DATA)

The response i receive is always null. My number are not white listed yet since i am still in a dev stage of the application. But from what i understood from other post, i should receive an encrypted response from the activity instead of cleartext?

Also, because i only require the reader to process loyalty/gifts card, is there any option to disabled the selection of the account type and the requested pin number after the card has been swiped through the securepayment app?

Thank you

App Market
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
frankiboy avatar image
frankiboy answered

No body able to help?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community