question

aneesh avatar image
aneesh asked aneesh commented

How can we get age verification information in Order service.?

Do we have an option to get age verification information in order service.

Orders
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered aneesh commented

Age verification isn't a first-class concept in our data model; there's no "age verified" field on an order. There are some apps in our app market that introduce age verification into the order / payment flow. E.g.,

https://www.clover.com/appmarket/search?q=verification

It's not clear if you are asking as a merchant or a developer here, and if you are a developer what specifically you are thinking. If you give more specifics I might be able to provide a better answer.

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

aneesh avatar image aneesh commented ·

I am a developer.

Actually i want to get a list items/orders that require age verification (cigarette,alcohol) but doesn't validate the age of a customer.

Also i need the validated field (eg: DOB) for finding out the repeated count. (eg: If the cashier entering his own or same DOB for the transaction )

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ aneesh commented ·

Okay. Like I said the concept of age verification doesn't exist in our platform. There are a few possible ways you could implement it. For example, add a "requires age verification" label to items that require age verification. Implement an order modification plugin (see ACTION_MODIFY_ORDER in the SDK) that scans the order and looks for items with this label, and implements some flow to have the employee accept age verification for them.

0 Likes 0 ·
aneesh avatar image aneesh Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks Jeffrey !

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community