question

Carl avatar image
Carl asked Carl commented

How do enter a customer's custom cash payment split with a credit card payment?

Customer wants to pay $2 in cash and the rest on a payment card

After entering the bill amount I hit the custom button. It asks for the CASH amount to be applied. I type in $20.00 but the continue but is grayed out??? How do I work around this so I can then put the rest on a payment card?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered Carl commented

I don't know what app you are using. Obviously how you do this or even if you can do it depends on the app. In our Register and Payments apps, after clicking pay in Register, you are sent to the Payments app. You have the option to pay full, split by item, or split custom. You click split custom, and select how you want to split. After selecting the split amount, you are then taken to the tender screen where. After paying partially with that tender, select "add another payment". Repeat that process until the order is fully paid.

4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Carl avatar image Carl commented ·

Yes, it is the Register app. We can use the Split function now thanks. The Custom option has an amount that can be set and a Continue button but the Continue button is disabled, even after putting in an amount.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

I don't see any continue button. I see a button labeled "Pay" on the "Split Custom" screen.

0 Likes 0 ·
Carl avatar image Carl commented ·

When I hit Pay, all the to the right of the Cash section there is a Custom button.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

That's not how you do split payments. You are only entering the amount of cash tendered for a FULL payment in this case. Start by selecting "Split Custom" from the middle pane, under "Pay Full Amount".

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community