question

wsadiq avatar image
wsadiq asked chale answered

The correct intent to use on Mini to collect payment

Hello,

We are developing an app that needs to collect payments. The app is targeted primarily for Clover Station but also want to support mini. I am testing the app on Clover Station 2018 and Clover Mini (1st generation). We use ACTION_STATION_SECURE_PAY on Clover station 2018 and ACTION_SECURE_PAY on all other platforms to start the payment process. We also have a customer tender that needs to appear on the payment option.

Everything runs perfectly on the Clover Station 2018. Our customer tender shows up as a payment option. However, on Mini, the customer tender does not show up. This custom tender is properly configured on mini and in fact if I make a purchase through the register app, the tender does show up on the payment screen.

Am I using the wrong intent on Mini?

thanks for your help.

PaymentsClover MiniClover Station 2018
19 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

wsadiq avatar image wsadiq commented ·

Some guidance form the Clover team would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

ACTION_SECURE_PAY should work on the Mini. Include a pastebin link of the device's logcat when you start the activity.

0 Likes 0 ·
wsadiq avatar image wsadiq Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Here you go: https://pastebin.com/B3HRFvZg

As I mentioned, my custom tender shows up on Clover Station 2018 but not on Mini.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ wsadiq commented ·

You said "customer tender". Are you writing a customer-facing, or merchant facing tender? Or did you just mean "custom" tender. When you say you do not see the tender, where? You say you see it in the Register app. Where do you not see it?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered wsadiq commented
<intent-filter>
    <action android:name="clover.intent.action.MERCHANT_TENDER"/>
    <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT"/>
</intent-filter>

This is a merchant tender and will be shown to merchants. Secure Payments only shows customer tenders. The difference is that the former is suitable for interaction w/ merchants while the latter is suitable for customers.

If you want to author a tender suitable for customers, respond to CUSTOMER_TENDER.

It's a little confusing because Secure Payments is used by merchants as well as customers. This screen is meant to be used by customers directly though mainly, hence the decision to only show customer tenders.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

wsadiq avatar image wsadiq commented ·

That explains it and makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

0 Likes 0 ·
chale avatar image
chale answered

melhor forma de pagamento nos apps android

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community