Regarding sales tax rates and the clover point of sale:
Using Clover Go's for traveling sales reps. Launching Clover in a small pilot before going nationwide. I'm doing two markets to start: Nashville and Raleigh.
My reps travel a radius of 200 miles from each market....
Nashville, which has a 9.25% sales tax, also services Kentucky (~6%) and Alabama (~4%). Based on what I’ve learned about Clover, there’s no way to dynamically charge sales tax rates based on the customer’s billing zip code or geo-location.
Here's the problem:
- Raleigh (market 1) – unique merchant account
- Virginia pays Raleigh tax
- South Carolina pays Raleigh tax
- Nashville (market 2) – unique merchant account
- Kentucky pays Nashville tax
- Alabama customers pay Nashville tax rate
This is a bad customer experience. I'm wondering is there a solution to this issue? Out-of-the box or something I can update real-time at the time-of-sale, just before checkout?