question

danielbateman avatar image
danielbateman asked kishorevikas777 answered

Multi-market use-case, set sales tax at time-of-sale

Regarding sales tax rates and the clover point of sale:

Using Clover Go's for traveling sales reps. Launching Clover in a small pilot before going nationwide. I'm doing two markets to start: Nashville and Raleigh.

My reps travel a radius of 200 miles from each market....

Nashville, which has a 9.25% sales tax, also services Kentucky (~6%) and Alabama (~4%). Based on what I’ve learned about Clover, there’s no way to dynamically charge sales tax rates based on the customer’s billing zip code or geo-location.

Here's the problem:

• Raleigh (market 1) – unique merchant account
    • Virginia pays Raleigh tax
    • South Carolina pays Raleigh tax
  • Nashville (market 2) – unique merchant account
    • Kentucky pays Nashville tax
    • Alabama customers pay Nashville tax rate

This is a bad customer experience. I'm wondering is there a solution to this issue? Out-of-the box or something I can update real-time at the time-of-sale, just before checkout?

Thoughts?

API TokenDevKitDeveloper Pay APITaxes
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

csiworks avatar image
csiworks answered

There is a 3rd party app available that handles this situation for all Clover devices except for Clover Go. Merchants can install an app called Geo Tax Changer. It will do what you described above. Check out video here: https://youtu.be/vfWSRG0Y1Tk

or app page on CLover here: https://www.clover.com/appmarket/apps/SN6R8Q7Q5E5BA

*For Clover Go we will release this app in 2020.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

wopaga38 avatar image
wopaga38 answered

The integration of multi-market use-case scenarios with a system that sets sales tax at the time of sale represents a significant advancement in e-commerce operations. This innovative approach ensures accurate tax calculation across various jurisdictions, enhancing compliance and customer satisfaction. Such initiatives are particularly beneficial for concierge website services streamlining transactions and providing a seamless user experience while navigating complex regulatory frameworks.

10 |2000

kishorevikas777 avatar image
kishorevikas777 answered

Vencord official is the ultimate Discord tool with 100+ plugins, including SpotifyControls, Translate, and Free Emotes/Stickers. It's lightweight, runs on any Discord branch, and has excellent browser support

Aurora Store is a free and fantastic Google Play Store alternative where you can download apps, update the apps you already have

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community