question

Lorraine LIng avatar image
Lorraine LIng asked Dan commented

Cannot connect Flex dev kit with USB to Android Studio - Cable missing?

Hi, I just received a Flex Dev kit model C401U, but cannot get USB debugging working, the Flex device is not listed.
Per the clover dev kit documentation, I associated the device with a test merchant account, I enabled developer options, and enabled USB debugging, and added a line with "0x27f3" to adb_usb.ini, but cannot see device listed with "adb devices" terminal command. The documentation also indicates need to connect the provided Clover USB cable, but I did not see one in the boxes I was sent. I have the hub, but no USB cable. So I tried using a generic USB-C to USB-C as I do for debugging other android devices, but the Flex device still was not recognized. It seems similar to issue: https://community.clover.com/questions/10905/canno... but that issue is marked closed.
Is the missing USB cable the issue? How can I get it?
DevKit
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Lorraine LIng avatar image Lorraine LIng commented ·

Do I need to purchase the cable separately? If so, what are the specs for it?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Lorraine LIng avatar image
Lorraine LIng answered Dan commented
Purchasing a USB 2.0 A to B Cable did the trick. I bought Insignia brand from Best Buy. There are probably less expensive ones out there.
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dan avatar image Dan commented ·

Good to know

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community