question

Sean Deverell avatar image
Sean Deverell asked brokenoval answered

Error: App doesn't have required permission MERCHANT_R

The Permissions for the App are fine. I'm working on a new Gen 2 Mini.
https://imgur.com/a/Z2zmIEu

I know this because a colleague working remotely can compile the same apps to his clover device.

I've come across this Permissions issue a few times while developing on Clover so it's a known issue. However we have an approach to dealing with it that's basically the consensus in another popular Clover Community Q:

1. ADB Uninstall
2. Web Unistall
3. Sync Register
4. Android Studio Install (Will Fail)
5. Web Install
6. Sync Register
7. Finally Android Studio Install should work.

However this 7 step sequence doesn't seem to be working anymore for me with my new device.

I also tried a Factory Reset but this didn't help either.

Are there other approaches to getting around this problem people use or other things I could try.
App Market
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

brokenoval avatar image
brokenoval answered
So the answer here is to first make sure that your app is available on 2nd Gen Minis, you can select the available Minis from a drop down in the new Developer dashboard by going to Your App->App Settings->App Type then make sure it's available on the target devices e.g. Mini (All Gen) in this example.

After that, go through your 7 step process as you described and it should be good :thumbsup

mini-selection.png (18.0 KiB)
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community