question

hanabusacafechi avatar image
hanabusacafechi asked annam commented

Brainstorm - Allow orders to be sent to multiple printers at once

Clover please please enable the option to send one order to multiple printers. Here is the use case for our restaurant, there are 2 parts of our assembly line that prepares the same food item in sequence, when the order is first printed to station 1, station 1 starts preparing the item, but station 2 is unaware until station 1 brings the half-finished item over. The better process would be to send the same order receipt to both station 1 and station 2, so station 2 can start preparing their ingredients while station 1 is working.
Orders
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered annam commented
I believe what you are asking is possible. You can create labels and associate them with items in the Inventory app. From the printers app you can associate labels with printers.

When you print a kitchen receipt, it'll be printed on the printer that has the same label as the line item.
5 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hanabusacafechi avatar image hanabusacafechi commented ·
I think you're talking about associating a label to a printer, which is possible. The problem is, I need the SAME order receipt to be sent to multiple printers (basically a duplicate) as both stations need to work on a part of the item.

I did call Clover support and was told it is not possible, hence my brainstorm suggestion.
0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ hanabusacafechi commented ·

What about assigning multiple labels. So printer 1 has label "printer1", printer 2 has label "printer2", and item 1 has labels "printer1" AND "printer2"?

0 Likes 0 ·
hanabusacafechi avatar image hanabusacafechi Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Wow, that worked Jeffrey. Guess clover support could use better documentation! (She went to ask a higher level support and still told me no).

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community