question

Lee Tickett avatar image
Lee Tickett asked Bryanne Vega answered

c.clover.com certificate issue

We are seeing a lot of exceptions in logcat because of an invalid or missing SSL certificate on c.clover.com
Are clover aware of this issue and is it being dealt with?
Thanks
Emulator
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Lee Tickett avatar image Lee Tickett commented ·

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=c.clover.com

Logcat tends to looks something like;

07-22 11:04:47.368 2146-2224/com.clover.engine I/CloverOkHttpClient: execute(CloverOkHttpClient.java:210): Exception occurred while processing request url: https://c.clover.com/v3/merchants/MHEVW7YZFGDTR/orders/T3SEXNV2RKNE4
                                                                     javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Trust anchor for certification path not found...          
0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered Jeffrey Blattman commented
We are aware that c.clover.com uses an old cert format and that many new HTTP libraries / clients have dropped support for that format. We have written custom host name verifiers for our own purposes.

c.clover.com requires mutual authentication so there's no reason for you to be connecting to it.
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Lee Tickett avatar image Lee Tickett commented ·

Is there something I need to do to get it working on Station 2018 emulator?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ Lee Tickett commented ·

This is a known problem where you'll get a 401 when trying to login on an emulator. Other than than I do not know of any other issues.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bryanne Vega avatar image
Bryanne Vega answered
Please see my answer here in the mean time.
10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community