question

Sukhbir Singh avatar image
Sukhbir Singh asked Sukhbir Singh edited

Ways to send email from Third party clover applications

Hi @Lee Tickett,

I want to send emails from my clover application. I am using clover SDK and clover connector SDK.
Can you please suggest the ways to achieve it (if available). I have already seen the following community question and found that clover was working on that in past years.
https://community.clover.com/questions/1149/how-can-i-send-email-from-my-clover-app.html

Thanks.
Clover Android SDKClover Mini
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered Sukhbir Singh commented
Our story on this hasn't changed. Clover doesn't provide a service to send email. You are however free to integrate with whatever third-party email service you like and use it from a Clover device.
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sukhbir Singh avatar image Sukhbir Singh commented ·

Thanks for the information @Jeffrey Blattman

0 Likes 0 ·
Lee Tickett avatar image
Lee Tickett answered Sukhbir Singh edited
The technique I've used is to use a web service. We have built our own (which uses php sendmail) but i'm sure there are some off the shelf solutions.
We have started adding a feedback button in our apps which just launches a webview to our website contact form avoiding the need to re-invent the wheel.
Hope that helps.
L
1 comment
10 |2000

Sukhbir Singh avatar image Sukhbir Singh commented ·

Thanks for the response @Lee Tickett

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community