question

jolly avatar image
jolly asked jitesh Suspended commented

How can i send email from my clover app ?

Hello,

I m developing clover app in that i want to send an email to customer email address.I am try to send email with SMTP but email not send to given email address or that application run on android phone and send email successfully but not work on clover mini any suggesstion ?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Lee Tickett avatar image
Lee Tickett answered jitesh Suspended commented

I have to tackle this soon, interested in suggestions.

Google seems to turn up lots of suggestions using the intent which simply launches an installed e-mail client with the e-mail fields pre-populated. I'm assuming this isn't going to work on the Clover devices.

My more specific requirement is to allow a feedback e-mail to be sent to us, so I was thinking of re-using the contact form we already have on our website and simply doing a HTTP POST.

4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jolly avatar image jolly commented ·

ok you say not direct clover android but use web to send email

0 Likes 0 ·
jitesh avatar image jitesh jolly commented ·

I am facing the same issue. The e-mail is being sent from android devices other than clover. Please suggest what I can do. I am using JavaMail for email.

0 Likes 0 ·
Lee Tickett avatar image Lee Tickett commented ·

It's just an idea i've had. I'm not saying it's the only way or even the best way, so I am interested to see what others suggest.

0 Likes 0 ·
jitesh avatar image jitesh commented ·

@Lee Tickett Did u find the solution to send email from an android app? I am facing the same issue. The e-mail is being sent from android devices other than clover. Please suggest what I can do. I am using JavaMail for email.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered alicebolt commented

With Android (generally speaking), there are two options: 1) create an email intent, which will open in any app that responds to that intent. The user can then send or edit the email as they see fit, and 2) Talk to an SMTP server directly, or otherwise use a service that layers on top of access to an SMTP server.

For (1), Clover does not in it's stock configuration have an email app installed. There may be some on the app store, I'm not sure. In any case it would require the user to configure the client to use whatever email service to which they have access. This is asking a lot for the typical merchant since they'd need to know about SMTP servers, ports, etc.

For (2), you are free to use whatever service you wish to send email from the Clover device. I haven't done a survey of what's exactly available, but you'll probably need to pay for this. Clover does not offer such a service as a developer API.

10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community