question

sc-info avatar image
sc-info asked Jeffrey Blattman answered

Is it possible to run 20 Clover Minis at a single location?

I have a client that wants to run 20 clover minis at a location. The location has 10 Mbps internet. Is this going to work?
Clover Mini
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered
Clover devices need very little bandwidth for normal operations so yes it should be fine.

Your network might get swamped a bit when apps are updated or an OTA is available, but those things can download at leisure. A slow apps or OTA download isn't going to hamper the devices from working. Normally these downloads are started around the nightly reboot anyhow.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Lee Tickett avatar image
Lee Tickett answered
Is that 10mbps up + down? or 10mbps down and substantially less up? What's the latency (ping) like?

I think 10/10 with a reasonable latency (30ms for example) should be fine. If it's more like 10/1 with 100ms+ latency you may start to struggle.

I don't think Clover have actually published any recommendations/requirements.
10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community