question

sc-info avatar image
sc-info asked ·

Is it possible to run 20 Clover Minis at a single location?

I have a client that wants to run 20 clover minis at a location. The location has 10 Mbps internet. Is this going to work?
Clover Mini
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered ·
Clover devices need very little bandwidth for normal operations so yes it should be fine.

Your network might get swamped a bit when apps are updated or an OTA is available, but those things can download at leisure. A slow apps or OTA download isn't going to hamper the devices from working. Normally these downloads are started around the nightly reboot anyhow.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Lee Tickett avatar image
Lee Tickett answered ·
Is that 10mbps up + down? or 10mbps down and substantially less up? What's the latency (ping) like?

I think 10/10 with a reasonable latency (30ms for example) should be fine. If it's more like 10/1 with 100ms+ latency you may start to struggle.

I don't think Clover have actually published any recommendations/requirements.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community