question

s1mar avatar image
s1mar asked Bryanne Vega commented

Payment Connector to intecept all payment,auth etc. activity

Can we intercept the payment/Auth processes by using a payment connector in our service, or will it just work for our own app

PaymentsAuth
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Bryanne Vega avatar image
Bryanne Vega answered Bryanne Vega commented
If you're referring onto capturing all payments, regardless of it's nature, use a Payment Webhook.

If you're determined based on your criteria to use a payment connector, use an OrderUpdateListener, you can grab orders/payments. I believe the PaymentConnector is for making your own Paymen Flow, more on that here .

Let me know if it shed some light.
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

s1mar avatar image s1mar commented ·

I want to capture the payment process and modify the total accordingly. For instance, let's just say the user swipes his/her credit card, I want to get a callback regarding the auth etc.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bryanne Vega avatar image Bryanne Vega s1mar commented ·

If Clover processes an order, you can't get access to modify the authorization, you should use the "Custom Tenders" and then continue the flow of payment. Basically do the modification first. Clover will not provide details on the transaction beyond the scope of basic information.

More on Custom Tenders Here

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community