question

morenoh149 avatar image
morenoh149 asked Jeffrey Blattman answered

Are merchants typically wifi connected?

Im building a android app for clover. Do I need to make my app work offline or can I assume the merchant has internet connectivity?
App Market
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered
Merchants often have poor network connectivity. Some merchants operate for days or more without any network connectivity.

You are doing the right thing by thinking about it. Making a fully offline capable app is not trivial, but it'd be a better experience. If you can't do that, code your app to expect poor or no connectivity and fail gracefully in a way that's understandable to the merchant.

Most of Clover's apps are written to work offline, including payment flows as @Dan mentioned.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dan avatar image
Dan answered Frank Faustino Deactivated commented
Devices function offline and can accept payments for 7 days offline before having to go online.
2 comments
10 |2000

morenoh149 avatar image morenoh149 commented ·

Will an app not pass review if it cannot function offline?

0 Likes 0 ·
Frank Faustino avatar image Frank Faustino ♦♦ morenoh149 commented ·

The app has to be able to handle dropped WiFi signals and spotty connections to be approved for the App Market.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community