question

nikhendricks43 avatar image
nikhendricks43 asked zgreathouse Deactivated answered

can i use the clover api to just implement a online market on a prebult website

i have a website i already built and i was needing to just use the api to get like products and other stuff and make an online store but right now all i can see is that clover wants me to build an entire app that others can get and stuff when i just want to simply implement it into a pre existing app
REST APIApp Market
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

zgreathouse avatar image
zgreathouse Deactivated answered
Access to the API is only possible with an API Token. The Authentication required to retrieve a token is to set up Clover OAuth. A Merchant is authenticated through Clover OAuth only if they are an actual clover merchant on the Clover Platform and they have the app (app which is implementing OAuth and requesting the token) installed on their Merchant Account from the Clover Market.

In short, one would need to publish their app to the Clover App Market to have access to Clover's APIs. This is so we may track who is using the data and how it is being used in order to protect our Merchants from malicious use of what is often sensitive data and to adhere to the many legal requirements surrounding user data.

If you are interested in Clover development, please take a look at our developer documentation here. We, the Developer Relations Team, personally moderate this forum and can assist you throughout your development process on the Clover Platform.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community