question

patricklabreche avatar image
patricklabreche asked patricklabreche edited

Are there essential differences in the APK for production VS sandbox?

We have developed an Android app that works perfectly on sandbox.

The Clover approval team is unable to install the app on their production device. Same APK.

Can anyone help me understand why it works on sandbox and won't even install on production device?
SandboxProduction
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

chanel avatar image chanel commented ·

Please consider only providing the relevant logs with your issue. That is a lot of information to comb through.

In addition, can you explain what "works" in sandbox vs production? What steps did you follow to determine the issue? Can you provide any other relevant details about the devices or the merchant accounts in question?

0 Likes 0 ·
patricklabreche avatar image patricklabreche commented ·

Hello Chanel,

Thank you for replying. On my sandbox account, I install my app to my device from the 'More Tools' app on my sandbox Clover device. The app installs successfully, and I run and use it without any issues.

I uploaded this APK to my production account for review by Clover. Someone from the semi integrations team has tried installing the APK on their production device, and have sent me those logs. They've stated:

I added the app to my merchant this morning, however the app is not able to download to my device. The log is below.

I copied the logs they sent me, sorry for the length, I copied it all. I've asked them if it was possible for me to test on a production device, as I have no visibility on the issue, and they referred me to the Clover community board. They have since refused to provide an answer beyond asking me to ask on community.

The devices are Clover Flex devices. The app uses the 'Merchant' and 'Employee' permissions. I can provide further details by private emails.

0 Likes 0 ·
chanel avatar image
chanel Deactivated answered
I found your app internally. Your package name is `com.X.clover.X`. Sandbox has laxer requirements but in production we do not allow 3rd party apps to have package names that include the word "clover" since that's an indication of a Clover App.

Please change the name of your package to exclude mentions of Clover and your app should install as normal.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

patricklabreche avatar image
patricklabreche answered
@Chanel Thanks a lot for looking into this, very appreciated!
10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community