question

jc340 avatar image
jc340 asked jc340 answered

Clover Mini sending different url than emulator

I am building an android app which makes a series of calls to our own API before using Clover to complete the payment.
The last call is a url with a JSON array tacked on to the end.
This has worked perfectly on the emulator and on a phone running Android version 7 but does not work on the Clover Mini. Is there any way to find out if the device is formatting the url differently or ommitting the
the JSON array or whether there is something else at play?

Clover Mini
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Adding information about the URL you are calling and the error you are receiving would be really great.

0 Likes 0 ·
Lee Tickett avatar image
Lee Tickett answered
Could you use a HTTP post and include the JSON in the request body instead of the URL/querystring?
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Lee Tickett avatar image
Lee Tickett answered
Do you have a dev kit? Have you tried debugging the app?
10 |2000

jc340 avatar image
jc340 answered
Hi,
Thansk for the reply. I have a Clover Mini as a Dev Kit. I tried debugging on it and found nothing of use.

10 |2000

jc340 avatar image
jc340 answered
Hey thanks, I'll try that now. Just found it weird that it worked on the Android studio emulators and phones running later Android Version than the clover mini.
10 |2000

Lee Tickett avatar image
Lee Tickett answered
We had a weird similar issue many moons back where certain ciphers/HTTPS communication protocols worked on the emulator and other android devices but not on the clovers. But what you're trying to do sounds a little iffy anyway.
10 |2000

jc340 avatar image
jc340 answered
Hey thanks,
I ended up putting the JSON into the request body and it worked fine.
Thanks again
10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community