question

andru avatar image
andru asked Jeffrey Blattman commented

ACTION_CLOVER_PAY issue

Hi,
I need to have cash payments in my android app should done through ACTION_CLOVER_PAY intent. But how could I disable the charge(card payment) and other options. Please help me.
PaymentsClover FlexIntents
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered
This is not possible. If you want to explain a little more about why you want to do this someone may have some other ideas. Read https://community.clover.com/page/asking-questions and look specifically at item (4).
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

andru avatar image
andru answered Jeffrey Blattman commented
@Jeffrey Blattman I'm developing an android app which includes multiple payment option. I am doing card payment option using secure payment. But in case of direct cash payments, it should be shown in cash transactions app. Clover rejected my app due to this reason. How could I handle cash payment for this? I've tried ACTION_MANUAL_PAY and ACTION_CLOVER_PAY, but both of these opens Clover's pay applications. Is it possible to handle this payment within my own app, with options that required for me.
If it is not possible, is there any way to disable the unwanted options in clover-pay app?
For example;
My app contains a button for taking cash payments, whenever the user clicks on this button, it should open the clover-pay ui with only the cash payment option enabled, other options like;
Credit/Debit and Other should be disabled, there by preventing the user from taking other payment options than cash payment. And it should also prevent split payments. How could I achieve this? Is it not possible in android sdk? Please help me.
1 comment
10 |2000

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Okay. Like I said it's not possible to pass a tender into the Payments app and have it limited to that tender (e.g., cash). It sounds like you need the ability to post cash events as do Clover apps. I don't see a public API for that though. I'm trying to figure out who you talked to so I can get more information. You can PM me a name if you have one.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community