question

Dan avatar image
Dan asked Dan commented

Partial custom tender payments via Sale app creating extra Orders

Hi folks can someone do a quick test for me?

Partially pay for an order with a custom tender in the Sale app like so:
  • Open the Sale app punch in $0.50
  • Choose a custom tender on the Charge screen, which sets the amount result as $0.40
What should happen:
An Order is created, partially paid for with $0.40, and the remainder $0.10 can be paid for under the same order with any tender.

What is happening:
An Order is created, partially paid for with $0.40, a new Order is created valued at $0.10 and the tender screen in the Sale app is relaunched. The $0.10 can then be paid for with any tender.

My feeling is this is a behavior change of the Sale app but I'm not sure. The end result is a partially paid Order for every partial payment which is kind of confusing. What do you think?
OrdersPaymentsCustom Tenders
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Raymond Lee avatar image
Raymond Lee Deactivated answered Dan commented
This is by design, as the Sale app is a basic sale app that is design for one-off sales that are fully paid for on the spot. It does not have any memory of any previous payments, as any payments it makes will automatically create a new Order for the payment made. Therefore it cannot handle split/partial payments, and so any payments made by your custom tender would just be counted as a seperate order per payment.
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dan avatar image Dan commented ·

Thanks for the clarification Raymond :)

1 Like 1 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community