question

hergy80 avatar image
hergy80 asked hewhoisme published

Clover Mini Connection Error

I'm having issues with the Clover Mini periodically disconnecting. We have the USB Pay App installed, and the clover will work fine for a while. Then after a little time, it will randomly disconnect. We we go to process a sale (semi-integrated environment) it will raise an error "Clover transport layer can see the USB device, but encountered an error...... try physically disconnecting...". I've checked all the PCs power settings to ensure the USB ports aren't going to sleep (nor the machine). Does the mini go into a standby mode that may cause the disconnecting? Is there a log file on the mini that we can view?
Remote Pay Windows
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

keithryanwong avatar image keithryanwong commented ·

Hi @hergy80,

Can you tell me your MID and whether you're in Production or Sandbox?

You can adb into the device if you're using a devkit and fetch the logs with:

adb logcat -v time

If you see the problem again, please also go through the Help app on your device and submit the logs to us by pressing Help -> Diagnostics (on the side menu) -> Send Device Logs. The device will dump its logs to our server, which is very helpful to us in debugging.

Thanks,

Keith

0 Likes 0 ·
hergy80 avatar image hergy80 keithryanwong commented ·

It's in a production environment, with 2 different PCs and clover minis. Is it safe to post a MID?

0 Likes 0 ·
chanel avatar image chanel hergy80 commented ·

You can post the MID in a private comment. This way, only you and the moderators can view the comment.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

hewhoisme avatar image
hewhoisme answered hewhoisme published
Hi.

What did the issue endup being?

Thanks
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community