question

Corey avatar image
Corey asked Corey answered

Concurrent rate limit affecting app performance

I have an app in the Clover app Market that relies heavily on being able to make API calls every 20 seconds (for order number, order type, item name, modifiers and notes.) per token. The purpose is to show the order to a cook or expediter in the kitchen. During a restaurants busy times it is imperative that the timing for the orders be accurate anything less then will result in the merchant uninstalling the app.I have consulted other Clover Developers for solutions and there are none. I was told that the concurrent API limit restrictions are the issue and that I need to see if I could get you to increase the concurrent amounts if not then it will negatively affect the merchants end user experience. Please advise.
OrdersApp MarketMerchantModifiers
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

chanel avatar image
chanel Deactivated answered
Hi @Corey it sounds like you'll have to modify the calls you're making to fit our rate limit. For instance, instead of GETting 5 orders one at a time, you could just one GET to grab the 5 most recent orders.

GET {
                {url}}/v3/merchants/{
                {mId}}/orders/{
                {orderIdA}}
GET {
                {url}}/v3/merchants/{
                {mId}}/orders/{
                {orderIdB}}
GET {
                {url}}/v3/merchants/{
                {mId}}/orders/{
                {orderIdC}}
GET {
                {url}}/v3/merchants/{
                {mId}}/orders/{
                {orderIdD}}
GET {
                {url}}/v3/merchants/{
                {mId}}/orders/{
                {orderIdE}}

vs

GET {
                {url}}/v3/merchants/{
                {mId}}/orders?orderBy=createdTime&limit=5

If you can provide more details about what you are calling, we'll gladly help you consolidate them.

I'll also suggest that you make sure that you've implemented exponential back off in your app while also keeping our developer guidelines in mind.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Corey avatar image
Corey answered
@Chanel Hi, I would like to schedule a call with someone from the App Market . I have submitted this request twice in writing and would really like this to happen.

Thank you,

Corey Hunter
10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community