question

martins avatar image
martins asked Miguel Deactivated edited

Unable to upload APK on account - 500 internal server error

Hi, I have previously uploaded apk to EU account for my app, but now I get 500 internal server error.
I am not sure if the problem is related to the apk or to clover servers. I have updated android studio and now it seems to create a apk and a output.json so my thought is that it might have changed the apk signing process.
Does anyone have the same issue, or any idea of what could be wrong?
Thanks
Clover StationAPI TokenAuth
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Miguel avatar image Miguel commented ·

Hi Martins, are you using Gradle Plugin 3.0.0+?

1 Like 1 ·
martins avatar image martins Miguel commented ·

yes, I had upgraded to gradle 3.0.0, but now downgraded to 2.3.3 and it fixed my issue. Thanks

1 Like 1 ·
alexb avatar image alexb commented ·

Same issue here (with US sandbox account). I am totally new to both Clover and Android programming so I may be doing something wrong. But in any case "500 - internal server error" is not helpful. I am using Android Studio 3 and I tried both, creating a "Hello World" type of app from scratch as well as building an apk from one of the clover android-examples. I am probably using Gradle Plugin 3.0.0 (in my build.gradle I have classpath 'com.android.tools.build:gradle:3.0.0')

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Miguel avatar image
Miguel Deactivated answered

@Martins @alexb, there's a known issue when using gradle plugin version 3.0.0. The recommendation is to downgrade your gradle plugin to a version like 2.3.3. This should resolve the issue when uploading an APK.

Here are instructions on how to change the gradle plugin version: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35425143/can-we-change-gradle-plugin-version-in-android-studio

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

alexb avatar image alexb commented ·

Downgrading gradle android plugin version to 2.3.3 worked for me. I was able to upload the apk. Thanks

2 Likes 2 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community