Idea

ethanyoo avatar image
ethanyoo suggested saqlain commented

Delete item from order before & after print

The system is highly susceptible to theft without proper communication between the servers, kitchen, and back office. Every item delete should have a trace of some kind.

In the scenario where a server makes a mistake or a customer changes their mind at the table, and the order hasn’t been fired to the kitchen, the delete is harmless.

In the scenario where the server sends it to the kitchen, claims it should be deleted as if it was a mistake, but no one ever tells the kitchen, the business is exposed to theft or loss.

The delete button should also trace back to reporting, much like void and refund reports.

Currently, you can restrict “Delete item from order“, but then if the server genuinely makes a mistake at the table they will need manager pin to delete before firing.

You can also restrict “Edit an item after print with override”, but then you lose the functionality to add modifiers, increase quantity of the item, or add notes.

Ideally, a functionality where you can restrict “Delete item from order after print” would be best.

OrdersPrintSale
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

7 Comments

·
ali342 avatar image
ali342 commented

In order to prevent fraud, once an order has been paid, partially paid, or printed, it is no longer possible to delete that order.

Also note that merchants have a setting for whether they want to allow deleting any orders at all. If not, you can't delete any orders regardless of their paid state.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

deat1942 avatar image
deat1942 commented

I agree, having a functionality to restrict "Delete item from order after print" would be ideal in this scenario. This would help prevent any potential theft or loss by ensuring that any changes or deletions made to an order are properly communicated and traced. In addition, having a system that logs and reports all changes made to orders, including deletions, voids, and refunds, would provide an extra layer of accountability and transparency for the business. This would help deter any dishonest behavior and make it easier to identify and address any issues that may arise.

______

Terraria

10 |2000

lizziebutter avatar image
lizziebutter commented lizziebutter edited

Thank you for your sharing! I appreciate your article and hope that you will share more about cubes 2048. Have a good time!

10 |2000

claudiabrewer avatar image
claudiabrewer commented

I have created a PO with 5 line items.

now i deleted 2 line items from PO but in Print Preview still the 2 deleted items are showing i.e is 5 line items...

Plz tell some ideas not to show deleted items in PO Print....

monkey mart

10 |2000

coas188 avatar image
coas188 commented

If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts papa's pizzeria

10 |2000

martwal167 avatar image
martwal167 commented

I've made a purchase order with 5 line items.

I have since erased 2 line items from the PO, but the 5 line items that I deleted are still shown in Print Preview. Fun Games

Please provide some suggestions on how to prevent removed items from appearing in PO Print.

10 |2000

saqlain avatar image
saqlain commented

BeiTeck ensures a seamless experience, providing you with top-notch options for apartments for sale in Beirut. Our listings showcase a diverse range of properties, each promising a unique blend of luxury and comfort. Explore the vibrant city life while enjoying the tranquility of your own space.

10 |2000

Write a Comment

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.